Sunday, September 25, 2011
We have a very excited big sister to be. She continually asks when we will be able to get her and says she can't wait. She has made plans of where mei mei Beibei will sleep, sit at the dinner table, where she will sit in the car and what toys will be shared and those that won't be. I think she will make a great big sister (jie jie)!
Saturday, September 3, 2011
- August 15, 2011 - Emailed our agency with questions about adopting another child
- August 16, 2011 - Received application
- August 21, 2011 - Completed application
- August 22, 2011 - Mailed application payment
- August 29, 2011 - Received LHAA adoption contract in mail
- August 29, 2011 - 10:45 PM - received picture and file of Min Xiubei
- August 30, 2011 - Discussed with family, prayed, took file to Dr deWarren, prayed some more, called CHOP and set up pre-adoption evaluation, wrote LOI (Letter of Intent) and emailed to LHAA for translation. Sent contract to LHAA.
- August 31, 2011 - Talked with Dr Farber at CHOP's International Adoption Health. Confirmed that limb difference is most likely ABS - amniotic band syndrome and thinks she is a healthy baby with growth percentiles being near 97%
- September 1, 2011 - LOI submitted. Set up Home Study for Sunday September 4, 2011. Thank you Sarah H for coming out on a Sunday on a holiday weekend.
- September 2, 2011 - Filled out PA child abuse forms and NY form for Guy. Received employment verification letter. Completed PA criminal record checks online and printed out. No records for either but we knew that. Started blog.
- September 3, 2011 - Mailed PA child abuse check forms with money orders
- September 6, 2011 - Received PA - preliminary authorization to adopt and update with pictures!
- September 21, 2011 - Home study completed
- September 22, 2011 - I-800A mailed
- October 6, 2011 - Received I-797C Notice stating I-800A application in process. Fingerprint appointment should be coming soon.
- November 1, 2011 - INS fingerprints
- November 4, 2011 - INS fingerprints redo for Mommy
- December 7, 2011 - I-800A approved and mailed to us
- January 5, 2012 - DTC - Dossier sent to China
- January 17, 2012 - LID - Officially logged in!
- March 26, 2012 - LOA - Letter of Acceptance
- April 18, 2012 - I-800 approved
- April 24, 2012 - NVC cable
- May 3, 2012 - Article 5 drop off - Article 5 documents dropped off at Consulate in Guangzhou
- May 17, 2012 - Article 5 pick up - Article 5 approved and picked up and brought to CCCWA
- June 5, 2012 - TA - Travel Approval
- July 2, 2012 - CA - Consulate Appointment